Tailor your vision! We are all unique and so is
our vision. Just as no two people are the same, no two eyes are the same. Every eye has a different amount of
myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), and (astigmatism). Custom or wavefront LASIK technology
was originally used in powerful telescopes to see the stars.
We have specific
abnormalities in our corneas called higher order aberrations. Traditional LASIK can treat the myopia,
hyperopia, and astigmatism of your eye but cannot treat these higher order aberrations. Custom LASIK is a significant
advancement in laser vision correction because it can also treat your higher order
Custom LASIK with the VISX CustomVue Wavescan
- The Custom LASIK procedure allows Dr.
Pham to measure the individual imperfections in your vision.
- These imperfections or higher order
aberrations are not detectable with standard measuring devices.
- These measurements are 25X more
accurate than standard measurements.
- CustomVue is able to treat up to 94%
of people eligible for custom LASIK over 21 years of age.
- FDA Clinical trials show that it can
potential give you better vision than with glasses or contact lenses.
- In addition, up to four times more
patients were satisfied with their nighttime vision as compared to their old
How does the Custom LASIK and the Customvue procedure work?
- A wavefront is sent through your eye and reflects back.
- It reflects back through a device called the Hartmann -Shack aberrometer.
- This device compares the device to a "perfect" eye.
- This makes a detailed map, like a fingerprint.
- No two eyes are alike.
- This map and information is transferred to the laser system that does the LASIK
surgery treatment for your eye.
Advanced Custom LASIK - Iris Registration
- The eye may rotate when you lie down.
- This rotation or torsion of the eye can be compensated for
with iris registration.
- The laser registers unique features in your iris. It uses
this rotation to compensate for any rotation you may have during the surgery
- It provides greater accuracy.
- Only the VISX Star S4 system that Dr. Pham uses has iris
The Other Advantages of the VISX Star S4 System
- Variable Spot Scanning - accurately delivers different treatment sizes
- Variable Repetition Rate - this varies the rate of the treatment to accurately
treat your eye
- Tissue Sparing Algorithms - preserves as much of your natural tissue as possible
- Fast Treatment times for your comfort
- Minimal temperature changes
- 3-D Active track with auto centering
- This allow combines to produce an advanced custom LASIK treatment! The photo
shows a hair etched by the excimer laser.
iDesign Custom LASIK - The technology above has been improved by serveral
upgrades. Learn more here.
Step 3 - Blade Free LASIK
LASIK San Diego
© All content written and copyrighted by the San Diego LASIK Institute